Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles

Yay I have my computer back! It had to have a power button replaced but now he's back and I can write again.

So after reconnecting with my inner self I knew that there was something else that I really had to do that I had been putting off for a looooong time. So I had my very first art contest and I gave a winner video a short time afterwards...but I was a little late getting the prizes together. So why did it take so long? Well on many occasions I was going to purchase my materials but then I was out of money because I spent on bills, or other projects that I felt like were more important which is a terrible excuse. Commitments should always come first. Then there was the disconnect that I felt and it really took a toll on me. It's amazing how a certain mindset can affect you. Things slip through your fingers and when you look at the calendar and so much time has gone by...it can be a bit disconcerting. I felt like I couldn't write because I hadn't done the prizes. It had been such a long time and in my head I thought people would be like "where's the stuff you promised?". I felt like I couldn't do something because I had to finish my promise first. But sometimes you need a break to step back and really look at a situation before you can handle it. So I did. I looked at myself for the first time in a long time and I kissed the mirror before getting back into the swing of things.
(A picture where I felt truly magical and fully with myself mind, body, and spirit)

So after I felt my magical renewal I knew what I had to do, I got to work with my crafty self. Doing this was so much fun and I really can't wait to make more bobbles. For a first time craft I felt really good about these. I had never worked with wire before and the more I worked with it the better I got. The next thing was the soaps. I was really worried about making them just as I was with the necklaces but I turned on some calming music and the next thing I knew I had three bars of soap done. I made an extra one for May and I hope that he and the winners from the contest enjoy it. I already got a confirmation from one of the winners and I can't wait to hear about the other two!

(Magical Crafting)



So I got over a hurdle even if it took some time. And for anyone that is struggling know that I love you and I know that you can do this. You can kick ass and you can do anything if you just put your mind to it. And if you want some ideas on how to get out of a funk try reading this post.

Have a great Tuesday everyone,

Love and Icing Kisses,

J.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers