Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Believe In Fairies

As you all know I believe in magic. I always have and I've always have believed in all magical creatures, especially fairies. 

Now while we were at Anime Matsuril I found this amazing woman selling charms and necklaces. I stopped by her and asked her about a pretty fabric flower. She began to tell me about how back in the day people in Japan would take scrap kimono materials and fold them into flowers for necklaces. Instantly I fell in love with it but then something else caught my eye. Little porcelain cut outs and I asked her about the pieces. She told me that she took pieces of porcelain and then took ink stamps and pressed them over the pieces. The one I saw was a little fairy girl smelling flowers. I asked her about it and she told me her seven year old daughter helped her make that charm and that it was her daughter's favorite. I told that I had to have it and the fabric flower. She put them on a ring for me and told me that she was happy that the charms were going to a good home. The rest of that day I had nothing but good luck and met amazing people. I then dubbed it the Magical Fairy Necklace.


(Here is said necklace)

Now fairies can be very helpful creatures. They can bring life to your garden, bless you with good luck, but what they love more than anything is to play tricks on people.

Click the link to see the full size strip

I got tricked by some fairies earlier this week. I had come home from hanging out with May-May and I folded up my clothes before going to bed. The next day I went to go to town and I couldn't find my wallet. I knew that I had left them in my pant's pocket from the night before but my pants were nowhere to be found. Thus began the search. I ripped my house about, as well as my car, trying to find my missing wallet. I only had  about a day or two's worth of gas, plus I had groceries that I needed to buy and Mother's Day and birthday presents. I spent yesterday and today digging through the same places over and over again. At that point I knew something was amiss. I knew I had left my clothes in the house. So when I eliminated all possible places for my wallet to be I turned to the only explanation left. Fairies. Fairies love to take things and hide them. Its one of the easiest ways to trick humans. They were just playing a little joke on me but enough was enough. I chanted a little lost and found spell over and over and over as I continued my search. Finally after I checked underneath a chair in the living room for the billionth time I looked up and there they were. My missing clothes sat there all nice and neat. Quickly I grabbed my pants and I pulled out my wallet. I said thank you to the fairies for returning my things and I swear I heard laughter.

(from angelajordan)

Another thing is I've always wanted to be a fairy. I've always wanted to fly, dance on water, and play with all  kinds of animals. And finally I've decided to do something that I've always promised myself but have never done. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend A-Kon this year due to previous engagements but I am going to go to A-Fest. And on one day while I'm there I am going to dress like a fairy. I already have the materials to make my costume and even my very own fairy wings. It's going to be amazing I already know and I can't wait.


So tell me what magical things do you believe in?

Love,

J.S.


2 comments:

  1. Hey jay its me katie this blogs amazing ^o^ i cant wait to see ur costume!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers